Saturday, November 12, 2011

"Withering" by Anton Troy

An insufferable gloom has pervaded my soul.
The unparalleled dreariness of my thoughts betray me.
The door to happiness remained open for an enternity.
But for me, it might as well had been a moment.
The gloom has evolved into a malady of sorts, suffocating the promises of vitality.
I gaze upon myself with half pity, since I've become immune to her vivacious warmth.
But I dismissed her moral energy too easily. The gloom continues to hang over me.
And so I refuse to let the apathy settle. I look to dilute the bitterness.
The luminescence of her eyes proved to much for my principles. And smited me enough to warrant the most profound attention. Although my efforts still remain fruitless.
Anything is preferable to the solitude that I long endured, her presence alone is a relief.
Her gaze alone was enough to help me escape the terrible fury of the dragon.
Her emancipated frame causes me to let out a gaseous exhalation, enshrouding me in aspiration. Enough of a sight to snap me out of this ghastly existence.
But the dragon remains in all of it's lavish brawn, enveloping her stipulation.
Firmly set in my chamber, it washes away her buoyancy. And loneliness lingers unbroken.


 © All Rights Reserved

No comments:

Post a Comment